A. Warranty and Warranty Periods. Zebra Technologies International, LLC (“Zebra”) warrants only to the original end user that the products and parts set forth below will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable warranty periods set opposite thereto (such warranty periods to be determined commencing upon the date of invoice to the end user or, if the end user cannot provide proof of invoice, then the ship date from Zebra):
PRODUCT OR PART APPLICABLE
PRINTERS (EXCEPT BAR CODE PRINTHEADS
AND OTHER NORMAL WEAR ITEMS), CHARGERS
AND POWER SUPPLIES, HARDWARE KEYS, MEDIA,
RIBBON 12 MONTHS
ZEBRANET® PRINT SERVERS,
SEH PS102-Z, SEH PS105-Z 12 MONTHS
BATTERIES 12 MONTHS
PRINTHEADS 6 MONTHS
SPARE PARTS 3 MONTHS
ACCESSORIES 1 MONTH
ZEBRA CARD PRINTERS
(Standard, Professional, High-Performance, High-Security Retransfer) 24 MONTHS
ALL OTHER CARD PRINTERS 12 MONTHS
CARD SPARE PARTS KITS 3 MONTHS
CARD PRINTHEAD SPARE PARTS KITS
(Standard, Professional, High-Performance) 12 MONTHS
ZXP SERIES 8 PRINT HEAD LIFETIME
ZEBRA® TRUE COLOURS® i SERIES™ RIBBONS 24 MONTHS
ZEBRA® TRUE COLOURS® RETRANSFER FILM 24 MONTHS
ZEBRA® TRUE SECURE™ i SERIES™ LAMINATES 12 MONTHS
B. Zebra’s Obligation Under Warranty. Zebra’s sole obligation under the above warranty shall be to repair or replace products and parts during the warranty period. Zebra does not assume responsibility for delays in replacement or repair of products or parts. Products and parts repaired or replaced by Zebra under warranty shall be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. This warranty gives end users specific legal rights, and particular end users may also have other rights which may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
C. DISCLAIMER OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE GIVEN, AND ZEBRA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to particular end users.
D. Limitations. No salesperson, representative, or agent of Zebra is authorized to make any guaranty, warranty, or representation that contradicts the terms contained in this Limited Warranty. Any waiver, alteration, addition, or modification to the warranties contained herein must be in writing and signed by authorized representatives of Zebra to be valid, binding, and enforceable. Zebra does not assume responsibility for any specific application to which any products or parts are applied including, but not limited to, compatibility with other equipment. All statements, technical information, or recommendations relating to the products or parts are based upon tests believed to be reliable, but do not constitute a guaranty or warranty. ZEBRA SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, DIMINUTION OF GOOD WILL, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM IN CONNECTION WITH ZEBRA PRODUCTS AND/OR PARTS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to particular end users.
E. What May Void the Warranty. This Limited Warranty shall be null and void in the following circumstances:
1. Modification or repair of any covered product or part by the end user or any non-authorized Zebra service provider; or
2. Improper use or installation, failure to conduct regular maintenance or cleaning, or damage by accident or neglect, of any covered product or part by the end user or any third party; or
3. Failure of the end user or any third party to exercise caution to protect any covered product or part from electrostatic discharge damage, adverse temperature and humidity conditions (with respect to media and thermal transfer ribbon, the following are the recommended storage conditions: 72ºF (22.2ºC) and 50% relative humidity), or physical abuse; or
4. Failure by the end user or any third party to use only ZEBRA® printheads, batteries, or other parts; or
5. Failure by the end user or any third party to use only Zebra True Colours ribbons; or
6. With respect to media other than ribbons, failure by the end user or any third party to use only Zebra media if use of such media causes or contributes to the damage for which warranty service is sought; or
7. Failure by the end user or any third party to use only ZEBRA® media if use of such media causes or contributes to the damage for which warranty service is sought; or
8. Failure by the end user to follow the Return Appointment Process set forth below.
9. Failure by the end user to comply with Zebra’s Technical Bulletin: “Battery Management and Safety Practices for Lithium Ion Battery Packs” found here.
F. Return Appointment Process. As a condition precedent to the above Limited Warranty, the end user must:
1. Obtain a return material authorization (RMA) from Zebra, which will include an RMA number that must be prominently displayed on the outside of the shipping container. Returns without an RMA number may be rejected by Zebra and immediately returned to end user, freight collect.
2. Ship the items being returned to Zebra, freight prepaid, together with a written description of the claimed defect.
3. Pack the items being returned in the original packing carton or equivalent. Damage in transit is end user’s responsibility and may be cause to void the warranty claim.
G. Transportation Costs. Zebra will pay surface freight to return products or parts covered by this Limited Warranty. However, if Zebra determines in the exercise of its reasonable but sole discretion that the product or part returned for warranty service is not defective, or does not otherwise qualify for warranty service, end user shall be liable for all costs of handling and transportation.
Revised: November 1, 2009