02 Aug RFID Emergency Management and Evacuation Tracking
Every corporation small or large has evacuation plans, marked fire exits, and mapped routes. There are many kinds of emergencies and depending on your type of business you may have strict regulations on keeping up on those management plans.
The use of RFID is now being incorporated into emergency management plans across all industries. The need for an evacuation route and safe mustering location (safe zone) are just the beginning. Using RFID to track employees in an emergency will provide visibility so that first-responders react efficiently and have insight to who is missing and where they are for faster response time.
RFID Emergency Management Capabilities:
- Sensors for Alerts
- Set automatic alerts that cause various actions or events. Sensor alerts can be used to track temperature, smoke, gas, and more
- Actions for Alerts
- Actions can include sending messages (SMS or Email) and activating relays such as sirens, gates, lights, sprinklers, and more.
- None-arrival alerts can be set to notify or trigger an action when someone is not at a specific pre-defined zone or mustering location
- Management of High-Security areas is addressed with pre-defined areas for specific personnel only.
- The system allows tracking personnel and alerting when required while keeping the privacy of the people. This is done by using the “Privacy mode.” People that are tracked in this way will not be visible in the system until the alert is on and at that time people will be visible and tracked by the system.
Having the right components
- RFID ID cards
- Implementing a badging system with RFID will allow your business to find your employees location in an emergency for real-time visibility.
- RFID Card Printer
- An on-site printer offers you the flexibility to print and encode tagged badges when needed.
- Learn more about the ZXP 7 Series for RFID encoded ID Cards
- RFID Readers
- RFID Software
- Installation, Training, and Support
- Our RFID specialists are certified and have the experience you need to get your emergency management system configured and installed.
- We provide support and training as needed
- Find out more about all of our Professional Services
Are you ready for RFID Emergency Management?
Request a free evaluation of your business today.
Learn more about RFID systems, products, and solutions.