We seek an experienced, detailed-oriented Project Manager, for our Software team. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing complex software development projects working with custom software development, integrating with enterprise systems, and delivering software solutions to customers. We are looking for a detail-oriented team player with extensive, practical Project Management experience in Agile and Waterfall methods. The position requires a broad software background, knowledge of project financing, and strong communication skills, both within the company and with external customers. The position will entail working in a fast-paced supply chain environment with engineers, consultants, and other stakeholders who are all responsible for enhancing our existing suite of software and services, as well as the development and implementation of new software and services for our customers. We prefer Jira experience, working knowledge of Agile Project Management methods, and software delivery.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical or software projects using Project Management skills, principles, theories, and concepts. Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques. Knowledge of Agile project management methodology, and Agile tool implementation.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience establishing budgets, monitoring expenses, and monitoring fiscal performance. Strong understanding of the cost impacts of projects, project tracking tools, and metrics. Experienced in setting objectives/goals and delivering on schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software project impacts due to design, development, testing, and delivery of software products. Basic knowledge of software security, development tools, customer environments, and how Software Development teams deliver products. Basic understanding of common software architectures and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC) and critical path planning. Ability to coordinate and lead review sessions, obtain acceptance, and communicate outcomes.
- Knowledgeable of data management systems, practices, and standards. General understanding of application integration with databases.
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies. Proven ability to quickly understand business issues and data challenges and translate those issues and challenges into process improvement measures and technical solutions.
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to convey technical information to technical and nontechnical personnel from diverse backgrounds and with high-level management on a regular basis. Ability to provide a clear rationale for designs and strategies in a compelling, context-appropriate manner to diverse audiences.
- Strong and effective writing skills. Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner. Timely and appropriate written communication to team and customers.
- Ability to consistently uphold professional attitude across the team and customers – in challenging situations.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft tools, Jira, Trello, Smartsheet is a plus.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Jira Project setup and custom field definition
- Experience with Supply Chain
Who is AB&R?
Since 1980, AB&R® (American Barcode and RFID) has been a nationally-recognized integrator of proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in the supply chain. Those solutions include asset tracking, inventory management, workforce mobilization, radio frequency identification solutions, and the managed services to support them all.
We at AB&R work to together to ensure all company and personal goals are reached. Every employee is essential to AB&R’s success and future. AB&R’s core values include Accountability, Integrity, Empowerment, Communication and Fun. Learn more about AB&R’s culture.
Voted Top Company to Work for In AZ (7 Years in a Row!)
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.