Who is AB&R?
Since 1980, AB&R® (American Barcode and RFID) has been a nationally-recognized integrator of proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in the supply chain. Those solutions include asset tracking, inventory management, workforce mobilization, radio frequency identification solutions, and the managed services to support them all.
We at AB&R work to together to ensure all company and personal goals are reached. Every employee is essential to AB&R’s success and future. AB&R’s core values include Accountability, Integrity, Empowerment, Communication and Fun.
The Accounting Manager / Controller at AB&R is responsible for all areas related to accounting, finance, supply chain, operational support and human resources. This position will be responsible for following general accepted accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. In addition, the Accounting Manager / Controller is responsible to provide leadership and establish policies in the functional areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, inventory, warehouse management and human resources by ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager / Controller will report directly to the President / CEO and contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all direct reports and financial tasks while overseeing budgeting and accounting.
Accounting Manager / Controller Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage monthly financial reporting process ensuring accuracy to meet closing and reporting deadlines
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the President / CEO
- Oversee all accounting operations including Payroll, A/R, A/P, GL, revenue recognition, project billing and sales commission calculations
- Asset / Liability and capital expenditure monitoring
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Develop procedures and strategies within all direct reporting areas to ensure optimal performance across all team members
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets
- Provide strategic financial input on decision making issues affecting the organization
- CPA relations and communication for tax filing and reporting
- Conducts performance appraisals, reviews and approves scheduled time off requests
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 6 to 10 years of related experience and/or training
- Experience with web/cloud-based ERP systems such as NetSuite, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self‐starter, ability to work efficiently individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex financial information clearly and succinctly with all levels of management
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing supply chain, human resources, operations and accounting personnel
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget, resource allocation and strategic planning
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Possess personal qualities of accountability, integrity, empowerment, communication and having fun (i.e. AB&R’s Corporate Values)
- Flexible and able to multitask; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary (Based on Experience)
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with an employer match
- Paid and Sick Time Off
Voted Top Company to Work for In AZ (5 Years in a Row!)
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.